Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bye Bye, Lanai




Okay, this is seriously getting embarrassing. I honestly had no idea I was this prone to motion sickness, but apparently I am. On Friday we took the ferry from Lanai to Maui, our third island destination, and I was sick as a dog, again. But I tried so hard to fight it! The whole point of taking the ferry to to appreciate the amazing views of both islands as you depart and arrive, yet sadly, the best way to overcome sea sickness is to keep your eyes shut. What a cruel world we live in. So I tried "mind over matter" for the first half of the trip, determined to take in as much as I could. But then the girl in front of me got nauseous too, and it became impossible for me to both appreciate the vistas and avoid watching her fight to keep her breakfast down. Nothing will make you sicker quicker than seeing someone else puke. So the battle was over. In case you're keeping score, that's now motion sickness 3, Chrystalle 0. I caught the rest of the trip by checking out Mike's pics once we were aground in Maui.

1 comment:

  1. Harry;

    I never knew you were a Marine!

    "From the Halls of Montezuma (revenge)
    To the Shores of Tripoli (or Lanai);
    We fight our country's (maybe that should be "intestinal") battles
    In the air, on land and sea;"

    Let's see that's
    Air - prop plane
    Land - Jeep excursion
    Sea - a ferry ride!

    An all American soldier r u!

    How's the elevator treating you?

    Slow walking "only" for the rest of this trip , PLEASE!

    BaBa

    ReplyDelete